Contract Information for IT-Novell Software (Master License Agreement) Contract start date 7/1/2010.
- Contract Number:
- July 1, 2010 - June 30, 2014
- Last Revision:
- October 24, 2012
- NIGP Code:
- 20820 - Business Software, Misc.: Agenda, Labels, Mail List, Planning, Scheduling, etc.
- 20827 - Communications: Networking, Linking, etc.
- 20837 - Database Software
- 20844 - E-Mail Software
- 20890 - Utilities: Back-up, Batch File, Menus, Operating System, Network Operating System, Network Management, Recovery, Screen, Security, Virus Protection, etc.
- 91828 - Computer Hardware Consulting
- 92007 - Applications Software for Microcomputer Systems: Business, Mathematical/Statistical, Medical, Scientific, etc.
- 92045 - Software Maintenance/Support
- Cooperative Purchasing:
- Mandatory Purchasing:
- Purchasing Card:
- Karen Aasen
- ADMINISTRATION, DEPT OF
- 101 E. Wilson St., PO Box 7867
- Madison, WI 53703
- E-mail Address:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quote Price and Delivery FOB:
- SEE CONTRACT
- Special Terms & Conditions/Specifications:
- SPA0003 JD0688 expires 6/30/2016
- This is a Master Contract Agreement (MLA) for the purchase and use of Novell software licenses through a Novell Master License Agreement. The Master Agreement expires on June 30, 2012.
All Government purchases are made through a Fulfillment Agent (reseller). See Microcomputer Contract 15-20800-001 issued 9/2010 (or its successor) for reseller addresses, discounts, etc.
Educational purchases are made directly through Novell.
Please review the Contract documents in detail. A copy of the Novell’s MLA is attached to this web site along with the Addendums that were written to amend the MLA for the State of Wisconsin.
The primary point of contact for software and software maintenance should be the Fulfillment Agent for product and pricing questions. Contractual questions should be directed to Contract Manager or Novell Sales Contact.
Novell, Inc. is listed as the vendor on this Contract for the following reasons:
- The University and other academics purchase must purchase products and maintenance directly through Novell. (Note that all academics normally use the ALA price list.). You should use the University’s contract if you can be classified as an academic customer. Their pricing should be cheaper.
- Any Consulting Services must be purchased directly from Novell and not through the Fulfillment Agent.
State Agencies: Note that before any Consulting services can be purchased directly from Novell, the Agency must use the Mandatory IT Services Contract (VMS) or receive a waiver from the SBOP Contract Manager. In addition, if the cost exceeds $25,000, a Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) process and Bargaining Unit notification must be conducted. Contact your Agency’s purchasing area for help.
Novell gives the State a 34% discount from list price. The Fulfillment Agents on the Microcomputer Software Contract offer the State a larger discount.
The Novell contract number for period July 1, 2006-June 30, 2008 is 7123569. The Novell Contract for the period July 1, 2010 – June 30, 2012 is 7123569. This number is required for the enrollment process with a Fulfillment Agent or Novell.
From July 1, 2010-June 30, 2012, Novell’s July 2010 price list will be used to determine the State's list prices. The price list is attached below to this Contract.
If the item you want to purchase is a new item that is NOT on the July 2010 price list, the price for the item is determined from the price list where the item first appeared. Maintenance for that item is also determined by that price list until June 30, 2012.
If prices decrease during the 2-year period, our prices will also decrease. When new products are available, the price will be the price that is current at the time of the order.
The liability limits on the MLA coincide with the total dollars on the purchase order. Novell’s liability is 2 times the amount on the PO or $200,000, whichever is greater.
Statements of Work (SOW) need to identify your acceptance testing period unless you only need up to 30 days to determine whether or not their work on the SOW is acceptable. After 30 days, the work will be considered accepted unless the SOW calls for a different time period.
- See attached documents for vendor list.
Amendment (1st) to Master License Agreement signed July 2004
Amendment (2nd)to Master License Agreement signed July 2004
Contract Summmary Document including Vendor Information
Master License Agreement (MLA)original signed July 1, 2004
Novell July 2010 Price List for period 7/1/2010-6/30/2012.
Novell July 2012 Price List for period 7/1/2012-6/30/2014
Novell June 2012 Price List for period 7/1/2012-6/30/2014
Novell's letter reducing discount to 34 percent on 2/1/2009.
Premium Services Chart dated 2003
Renewal Addendum for MLA for period 7-1-2010-6-30-2012
Renewal Addendum for MLA for period 7/1/2012-6/30/2014
Renewal Addendum to MLA for period 7.1.06 thru 6.30.2008
Renewal Addendum to MLA for period 7.1.08 thru 6.30.2010
|10/24/12||Added June 2012 price list and the Addendum that renews the Contract to 6/30/2014.|
|07/23/12||Contract end date updated to 6/30/2014|
|01/10/12||Corrected contract end date to 2012|
|08/22/11||Updated Scope with information about appropriate price lists.|
|08/04/11||Novell Master License Agreement has been extended to 6/30/2016.|
|05/12/11||Updating Contract Summary with new Novell contact names.*|
|11/03/10||Updated contract summary document to reflect correct discounts and resellers.*|
|11/03/10||Updated scope with the current Microcomputer Software Contract number.|
|10/28/10||Added requirement for bargaining unit notification if professional or consulting services are requested.|
|10/14/10||Link to 2nd amendment does not work. Fixed*|
|06/28/10||Added July 2010 price list to site. Price list effective for period July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2012.|
|06/14/10||Added the Novell Contract number to the site|
|06/10/10||Added start date to contract title|
* Indicates an attached document.