Table of Contents
State Procurement Manual Homepage
State Procurement Manual
Amendments to Requests for Purchasing Approval/Authority (RPAs)
Authority: Wis. Stats. 16.705(2)
- If an agency wishes to request an amendment to an existing RPA in dollar amount or contract period, the agency will submit to the State Bureau of Procurement for approval an RPA with a justification memo requesting the amendment. The RPA will include the appropriate signatures and the original RPA number followed by "amendment" and the number of the amendment (e.g., ADJ0001 Amendment No. 1).
- The memo should identify clearly the part of the original RPA to be amended, the need, and the justification for the amendment.
- The agency does not need Bureau approval for increases in yearly cost estimates, providing the original total amount is not significantly exceeded.
- To increase by any sum the total dollar amount for the following transactions, the agency will initiate an RPA and follow the procedures outlined in I. above.
- Sole source requests, over $25,000
- General waiver of bidding requests, over $25,000
- Legal service requests, regardless of dollar amount
- Motor vehicle requests, regardless of dollar amount
- Exercising contract renewal options, approved under an RPA, does not require additional approval from the Bureau. A contract may be renewed only if there are provisions for renewal in the original contract.
- An amendment will not be approved for substantial change in scope or intent of the original RPA. For changes of this type, a new procurement with an appropriate RPA will be initiated.